In order to start with the process of resetting your Cable modem router, you need to pull out the USB drive.
Further we have mentioned the steps regarding reset procedure:-
- Search for the Reset button at the back of the cable modem router.
- You need to use a paper clip or any related substance, now keep on pressing and holding the Reset button for almost next seven seconds.
- At last you just need to leave the reset button and then stay on hold while your cable modem router is rebooting.
- At final step your Factory default settings is restored.
Setting up manual Internet connection for the cable modem router?
You may follow the following instructions in order to process the setup further:-
- Open a Web Browser using any of the devices like mobile phone and computer system that you have attached with the cable modem router’s network.
- Now type the web URL http://www.routerlogin.net in your web browser.
- Fill up the credentials for router as username will be admin and password will be password. Both are case sensitive. You will see the BASIC Home page arriving on your screen.
- Click on Advanced>> Then Setup>>Then Internet.
- If in case you find any pop up that ask you to enter an account name or host name then you need to type the same in Account Name(Not compulsory).
- Your Internet connection may ask you to enter the domain name and In this case you need to enter the domain name ( If asked).
In this page at another point, most of the time default settings work properly, however you have an authority to change the same.
Choose an Internet IP Address radio button:
- Get Dynamic IP from ISP. Your ISP accesses DHCP in order to assign your IP address. Your ISP will themselves assign these addresses.
- Get Static IP Address. Type the IP address, IP subnet mask, and the gateway IP address that your ISP has assigned. The gateway plays a role of ISP cable modem router to which your cable modem router is associated.
Routerlogin.net : Get on Domain Name Server (DNS) Address radio button:
Obtain Immediately from ISP:- The ISP accesses DHCP in order to allot your DNS servers. Your ISP will automatically assign this address.
- Utilize These DNS Servers. If you are aware that your ISP requires some particular servers, choose this option. Type the IP address of your ISP’s primary DNS server. If you have secondary DNS server addresses is possible then enter it as well.
- At Last click on Apply Button and all the changes made will be saved successfully.
Steps to Reboot the Netgear Routers accessing the Routers Interface:
Sometimes we face issues with our Netgear Routers and In such cases taking an action to reboot the router can really help to rectify the issue and resolve the same easily and today with the help of following instructions to reboot the Netgear routers with the Routers Interface will surely help you to solve the issues in future.
- First of all you need to launch a web Browser from your computer system or WiFi Devices, the one which is attached to your Netgear Router.
- Now enter the web URL as http://www.routerlogin.comor http://www.routerlogin.net in the address bar of your web browser, further you will be redirected to the log in page of your router.
- You need to fill up the following credentials in order to log in:
If in any case you have modified your password earlier then you need to login with the new password, Now you will see the NETGEAR screen displays on your system.
- Further click on Advanced.
- Once you have click on the advanced then in the option of Router Information, you need to click Reboot. And then stand by for 2 minutes for the router in order to complete the rebooting process properly.