How to setup Remote Management service in Netgear AC2350 Smart Wi-fi router?
Remote Management service is a prominent service that allows users to access their router by not being even present within the local network of their device. The only significant thing about this service is that while using this service the user has to type the IP address of their Internet instead of typing the LAN IP address of their router.
Steps to setup Remote Management service in Netgear AC2350 Smart Wi-Fi router
- Open a browser in your desktop connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Type www.routerlogin.net on the address bar of the browser. The user can also type the LAN IP address of the browser. LAN IP address of the browser is 192.168.1.1 as the URL.
- Click on the login button and the home screen of the routerlogin.net appears on the screen.
- Go to the advanced tab, click on the Advanced Setup tab, then click on Remote Management tab.
- Select the checkbox “Turn on Remote Management”
- In allowing remote access by section “specify the external IP address to allow the access of router management”.
- In order to enhance the security level, restrict access according to the few external IP addresses.
- If you want to allow access according to the specified IP address on the Internet then choose “Only this computer” option.
- If the user wants to allow access to a specified range of IP addresses over the Internet then he needs to choose “Enter the IP address to be allowed access” tab by specifying a beginning and an ending IP address by defining the allowed range.
- If you choose “Everyone” tab. It means the user is allowing access from any IP address on the Internet.
- Now, you need to specify the port number that will be utilized to access the web interface. For enhanced security, you also can use a custom port number that will allow you to access your interface remotely. The default custom port number is 8080 and if you want to put it manually then chooses a number between 1020 to 65530.
- Click on the apply button to allow changes to take effect.
How to use remote access in your Netgear AC2350 Smart Wi-Fi router?
If the user has enabled Remote Management service within their router, it means he has allowed his router to get access remotely. In order to access your router remotely, the user must be acquainted of the steps with the help of which he can access his network remotely.
User need to follow these below instructions in order to access his router remotely
- Open a web browser on a device that is not currently connected to your home network or is away from the range of your local network.
- Type the WAN IP address of your router into the web address of your browser will be followed by a colon (:) along with the custom port number.
- For example, if your external IP address is 22.214.171.1242 and you are using the port number 7056 then you need to enter 126.96.36.1992:7065 on your browser.