How to update a Firmware in Netgear AC1900 Smart Wi-Fi router?
Firmware is pre-installed software installed on the web interface of the routerlogin.net. This is a prominent source of medium to fill the communication gap between the user and a router. Firmware is responsible for the mechanism of administrative settings and fulfillment of networking protocols of the router. The update process of the firmware brings improvement in the functionality of the device. The user can update his router either with the help of its interface of routerlogin.net or through Netgear Genie app.
Steps to update a Firmware in Netgear AC1900 Smart Wi-Fi router (R6900)
- Open an Internet Browser in a computer connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Either type the LAN IP address or www.routerlogin.net as the URL of browser to get to the default gateway of the router.
- Hit enter and Netgear Router login appears on the screen.
- Mention “admin” on the username tab as a default login credential. Type the security key you mentioned earlier while logging in to the web interface of the routerlogin.net otherwise type “password” as a default credential.
- Click on the login button and home screen of routerlogin.net appears on the screen.
- Select the Advanced tab, go to Administration tab then click on Router Update tab.
- In order to find an available firmware click on Check button. If the firmware is available, the system will display a message asking if you want to download it or not.
- Click on the yes button and the router will start locating and downloading the firmware to begin the update.
- The update process will not take that much time and after the process, your router will get automatically restart.
Note: Experts usually recommends the users to not to interrupt the update process by any means. Clicking on another window, minimizing the installation dialogue box, Opening another browser, clicking on another link can interrupt the update process and can result in the failure of the update process.
How to create a backup configuration file within the Netgear AC`1900 Smart Wi-Fi router? (R6900)
Steps to create a backup configuration file in Netgear AC1900 Smart Wi-Fi router (R6900)
- Open an Internet browser connected to your local network.
- Type www.routerlogin.net or the LAN IP address on the web address of the browser.
- Netgear Router login screen appears on the screen.
- Type “admin” on the username tab as a default username and mention “password” as a default password on the password tab of the login screen.
- Click on the Ok button. Homepage of your web menu appears on the screen.
- Go to the advanced tab, click on the Administration tab, then click on the Backup settings tab.
- In order to back up your configuration file, click on Backup button.
- Now, you need to specify the location on which your settings will get saved.
- A copy of your current settings will get immediately saved.