www.mywifiext.net – Netgear n300 wifi range extender
Netgear produces some of the most advanced and easy to set up a range of wifi range extenders. The Netgear wifi range extender device can be accessed for any admin changes and configuration through the web address www.mywifiext.net or through the default IP. The wireless routers in your homes and offices can be no doubt very efficient and easy to configure. But on some odd chances, if a wireless router is not able to broadcast the wifi signals properly, then what you need to do is install a Netgear n300 wifi range extender in a wireless network. Here in this section, let us show you how Netgear extender setup is done.
Netgear extender setup (N300)
The Netgear range extender setup can be done through any of the three ways listed below.
- WPS connection
- Connection of Wi-Fi
- Ethernet cable connection
Let us discuss the WPS connection first
Netgear N300 wifi range extender setup via WPS.
Establishing a connection between any networking device and a connecting device is always much easier through the WPS button. The WPS stands for wifi protected setup connection. Follow the step by step guide in order to get the Netgear extender setup done.
- Connect your Netgear N300 wifi range extender into the power supply socket near the wireless router and switch it on.
- Wait for few seconds till the range extender gets stable and its power LED gets stable.
- Now, press the WPS button on the Netgear range extender and also press the WPS button on your router within a stipulated time of 2 minutes.
- The WPS LEDs on both the router and the Netgear N300 wifi range extender will get stable.
- Now, that the reliable and secure wireless connection has been established between the Netgear range extender and the wireless router, you can move the extender to your preferred location.
Note- While moving the Netgear range extender to a new location after connection setup, just make sure the Netgear N300 wifi range extender is between the wireless router and the connecting device.
How to confirm if the Netgear range extender has been connected to the wireless router?
It is actually quite easy to know if the WPS connection has been established or not. Check if the WPS LEDs on both the Netgear wifi range extender and the wireless router is solid green or not. If the WPS LEDs on both the devices get stable, then the WPS connection has been successfully established.
If I need to access the Netgear N300 wifi range extender for set up, how can I do it?
Netgear has provided a local custom web address for accessing the web setup utility page for the Netgear wifi range extender. This web address is www.mywifiext.net. Also, this address can be replaced by the IP of the Netgear range extender device.