How to use the WPS Wizard on Netgear Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band Wi-Fi Router?
The WPS Wizard on the Netgear Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band Wi-Fi Router helps you to add a wireless networking device such as computer, smartphone, tablet or laptop to your Netgear Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band Wi-Fi Router’s Wi-Fi network without entering the wireless network key or Wi-Fi password to access the router’s wireless network.
To use the WPS Wizard:
- Launch a web browser from your networking device- computer or mobile device that is connected to your Netgear Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band Wi-Fi router’s network.
- Input the Netgear router login URL www.routerlogin.net in the address bar to access the router’s dashboard to use the WPS wizard.
- In aces of any issue accessing Netgear router through routerlogin.net, try using default IP address 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 for Netgea router login.
- Accessing routerlogin.net opens up the Netgear router login screen prompting you to enter the default login details for Netgear Nighthawk X6S AC4000 router login.
Enter the default Netgear router login user name and password as admin and password respectively in the given login fields noting the login details are case-sensitive.
- The Home page of Netgear Nighthawk AC 4000 router gets opened up.
- Select the ADVANCED option and then click on the WPS Wizard tab, following which a note explaining WPS connection will get displayed.
- Click on the Next button.
- Select a radio button for selecting a WPS setup method from the either of The Push radio button or PIN number.
- The Push button feature allows you to connect to Wi-Fi network of Netgear Nighthawk X6S AC4000 router by clicking on the WPS button on the page.
- Selecting the PIN Number radio button adjusts the WPS page of the Nighthawk X6S AC4000 router and you must enter the client device’s security PIN to connect to the wireless network.
- Within the next two minutes of using push button to connect WPS setup, go to the client device and use its WPS software to connect to the wireless or Wi-Fi network of Nighthawk X6S AC4000 router.
The WPS process or setup of the Nighthawk X6S AC4000 automatically sets up your client device with the wireless network password when it connects to your network. The Nighthawk X6S AC4000 router’s WPS page displays a confirmation message after the WPS connection setup using the WPS wizard.